Friday, April 12, 2013

new! ~ farmhouse friday

so I am going to be brave and fight against my nature and start a weekly topic post. 

I might never post another Farmhouse Friday feature ever again.  Or I might be super good at it, succeeding in my plan of forcing myself to document all the local farmhouses I am in love with so I will someday have tangible file of inspiration when/if we get to someday build a new farmhouse that looks old.  ORRRRR, I might post farmhouses here on sporadic Fridays sometimes but not so regular.  The latter sounds about like me and my life these days.

Hey it’s worth a shot.  And I really do want to have a record of the farmhouses that really make my heart go pitter patter.

So, without further ado, this week’s feature…

20130403_161415

I’ve had an eye on this house for some time.  If it weren’t so close to the noise of a neighboring highway I would have looked up the records and owner by now since it has been in this sorrowfully abandoned state for a few years.  I just wanna wrap it up in a big hug of vinegar and Windex and sandpaper and fresh white paint and love! 

Oh, farmhouses.  They have the same power as baby cows to evoke the “Awwwww!” from me at first sight and hold my attention until my neck hurts from watching them go by.  Am I the only one that is drawn to the run down ones?  The pristine historical homes on the main drag in town hold no such appeal for me.  I <3 a fixer.

3 comments:

  1. I am IN LOVE with this Farmhouse Friday idea! I wish that A...I still blogged and B that I thought of it! Haha. Will you be posting pictures you find online of great ones too or just ones you see in person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, this house makes me so sad. Why did they stop after putting the new roof on it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I have a few more that I know of off the top of my head that I want to share, but if I run out then yes, perhaps from online. And, I am wondering if it is in limbo; either foreclosure or someone waiting to inherit it and the roof was put on to protect it as an investment, but they're not ready to sell quite yet...? I totally expected it to be restored when I did my drive by the other day, I was shocked. It's waiting for ME I think. ;)

    ReplyDelete