Wednesday, March 20, 2013

caramel wafers

 

Sunday I had looked forward to a forty  minute drive to the nearest World Market that had the rug I wanted in stock… without the children… just me, the iPod, quietness and some good ol’ retail therapy.  It had been a long week.

Then the husband informed me that he was working that day.  Happy feelings gone.

So I did what any good mother would. do.  I told the kids to be quiet and don’t break anything and I would buy them a treat.  Okay, so maybe I didn’t say it exactly like that.  Maybe just a little bit like that.

Anyway, by the end of the shopping trip I, myself, was in need of a treat too.  Even though it wasn’t the kids but me who tipped over our bottled pop which exploded all over the aisle and all over one leg of my jeans.  Yeah.  So I picked a treat for myself…

DSC_1525

Yes, partly because it was in a sweet little tin.  They’re Daelman’s Caramel Wafers.  Mine were a dollar more and came in the tin, but they’re the same variety as online.  That link shows “honey wafers” as well, which I haven’t tried- yet.

I opened them up and I thought… ‘wait, where’s the carmel?’

DSC_1530

I even checked the label and it said “caramel”.  At first I thought I got the short end of the caramel wafer.

And then I bit into one anyway…

DSC_1534

And then three of them were gone instantaneously.  Do you see the caramel now? 

It’s like that little layer of caramel becomes one with the wafers.  I cannot be held responsible.

DSC_1539

I don’t even know how it happened.  Maybe it was a dream.  Or maybe I was unconscious.

Either way, I can assure you, they were divine.

And, I feel the need to admit to you that, yes, I hid them in my closet.  That’s normal, right?

I’ll be back later.  I need to go spend some time in my closet.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment