Friday, June 8, 2012

Farm Chicks Show 2012

 

Well, the yearly trip to the Farm Chicks vintage market last weekend was a blast! 

DSC_0391

This was my third year.  It did not disappoint.

First of all, I think I look forward to going to Chaps restaurant just as much as the FC show…

DSC_0305

DSC_0299      DSC_0301

DSC_0306

I mentioned it in years past, also.  They have some serious food.  Sweet or savory, whatever you crave.  They serve their ice water in mason jars.  The place is gorgeous.  You simply must go. 

We went each morning we were there.

 

Here are some shots of a few booths I really liked at the show…

DSC_0308

I didn’t get a shot of her goods, I was too busy buying them, but she specializes in vintage/industrial pieces and I love her space every year.  It is highly competitive because she’s the first booth inside the building (you can see it in this post; in the first two pictures of merchandise).  Oodles of lockers, industrial metal bins, industrial stools and chairs, school pieces, wood tool boxes, etc. 

 

DSC_0313

DSC_0311

I really liked these tie-dyed vintage slips by Lipstick Gypsy.  They were all in perfect condition and the colors were lovely.  She was really sweet and friendly and sells online.

 

DSC_0350

 

DSC_0370

 

DSC_0372

 

DSC_0363

DSC_0361

This tower of locker baskets cheaper than all the others at the show had me at hello.  They were the exact kind I wanted, too!

 

DSC_0368

 

DSC_0392

DSC_0393

 

Some random goods…

DSC_0315

DSC_0322

DSC_0325

DSC_0326

DSC_0327      DSC_0328

Don’t ask me how that glass box is a “sanitary sterilizer”.

DSC_0354

Skirts made from vintage aprons… really sweet.

DSC_0355

DSC_0357

DSC_0364

DSC_0375

Bunting and school house trash cans. Where else?

DSC_0404

This was a beauty everyone was talking about.  It was priced between $400-$500.  It sold.  That is actually a good price.  For such a rare and trendy piece, I expected it to be near $1000.  Either way, it wouldn’t fit in my tiny house and it was certainly not fit it’s pinky toe into my budget. 

 

Day two.  Second trip to Chaps.

DSC_0380

DSC_0390      DSC_0377

Many ladies drive sweet old rigs to the show.  The mileage has to hurt, but how fun is that truck!!

DSC_0387

We finally remembered to take a picture.  The day before some of us were duded up in our cowgirl boots and dresses, but we forgot to take a picture to show you.  =)

 

Well that is about it. 

DSC_0424

Until next year… I get a post together about my goodies.  =)

 

Godbless.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! Although, wow...someone is looking large and in charge in her dress and boots ;) But that group pictures...kills me. I love it and want to print it out and frame it! I think that needs to be our new tradition...last day of the show we eat at CHAPS for breakfast and make someone take a picture of the whole group in front of the truck! I wish we had the past two years to compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like all you girls had a great time and fun items found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that show! And Chaps. And Spokane. Isn't all just so wonderful???

    ReplyDelete