Thursday, May 31, 2012

my boy and his bike

 

Take my word on this… Mamas, don’t teach your babies to ride dirt-bikes before bicycles…

Age 2.5…

DSC_0011

Age 5.5…

DSC_0130

Isn’t that a little backward?

Turns out, learning to balance an electric trials bike is easier than learning to balance a bicycle while simultaneously learning to pedal.  Once he learned to ride a dirt bike, he had no interest in pedaling ever, really.  We had to keep forcing him to practice.

He is now, finally, loving his bike.

photo (2)

Finally willing to do the work of pedaling.

DSC_0149DSC_0150

It took three years for him to say, “I want to go ride my bike.”

DSC_0139

DSC_0138

DSC_0152

Even trying a trick…

 

DSC_0141

Do you remember doing tricks on your bicycle as a kid?  I specifically remember standing on the bar while coasting around, thinking I was the coolest girl on our dirt road.

DSC_0154

Riding a bike… Such a simple pleasure.

 

Photos were from this past weekend, at my parents’ house, where the sunshine lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment