Monday, April 16, 2012

chai tea at home

Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a happy Monday!

My dear pal Leah blogged that she had been loving this Chai Tea recipe a while back, and I finally got around to making it.

DSC_0477

I got the cool soda bottle thing from Ikea ($3.99).  When I got that, I simply HAD to make the Chai.

DSC_0480

It is sooo good!  I love the spicy flavors of Chai.  If you have never had Chai, to me it is similar to the spiciness of pumpkin pie… that sounds weird, but if you like those spices, this is similar: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger along with a couple exotics: star of anise and cardamom.

The recipe makes one batch of concentrate which fills this bottle.  You keep the concentrate in the fridge.  One batch makes me about 5 drinks.  I like to mix one part concentrate with one part vanilla soy milk, add some ice, and a splash of half and half to richen the deal.  Oh yeah.  You could also heat or steam your milk and make your chai hot.

Go forth and be sweetly and spicily caffeinated!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment