Thursday, October 20, 2011

california version 2.0 ~ part 2

 

Sorry part two took me a while.  I am a little over scheduled right now!

Get ready for serious photo overload – I am determined to cram the rest of the trip into this post!  So picking up where we left off- here is the beach at Carmel…

DSC_0279

Those three dots were surfers. 

DSC_0205

DSC_0201

The sand was the texture of sea salt and stuck to every. thing.

DSC_0210

DSC_0254

DSC_0263

DSC_0266

Neither child was a fan of the crashing waves…

DSC_0220

DSC_0271

DSC_0251_TXT

DSC_0304

DSC_0305  DSC_0296

DSC_0334_TXT

DSC_0348_TXT

DSC_0346

DSC_0377

DSC_0373

“TNT” is for “Ty –N- Tasha” …also coincidentally an explosive.  ;)

This is when the sun started to go down…

DSC_0351

DSC_0387

DSC_0320

DSC_0423

DSC_0409

DSC_0419

Seriously gorgeous.  If you need a get away I highly recommend Carmel.  Same as the last post, here is a link to Leah’s post on Carmel, and the Carmel by the Sea website.

The next day Leah introduced me to someone very important…

DSC_0435

I had never been to H&M.  I am now a fan.  Might have spent a good chunk of my paycheck there.  For those of you who don’t know, H&M is on-trend fashion, but much lower prices than your main-stream places like Nordstrom.  Pretty cool.

That afternoon, we went to the Stanford campus which was so pretty…

photo (6)

photo (7)

photo (10)

Okay, I wanted to be an architect for a phase of my teenage years, mainly so I could design horse barns, I think.  Anyway, I have never seen any architecture as amazing as this church – it truly was awe inspiring to be inside that huge, detailed, beautiful place.  Makes me want to travel the world.  Oh, wait, would I have to go on an airplane again?  Is there more amazing architecture within driving distance from WA?

Our last great adventure was going to the theatre inside Netflix to watch a movie (Eric works there – nice company perk, huh?).  I was totally lazy and didn’t take pictures.  The kids were beat and we forgot the movie and had to go rent another, but we did it anyway.  The kids and I ended up falling asleep, but still it was one of my favorite parts of the trip.  We wanted to get a picture outside in front of their cool neon sign, but we were all groggy and we settled for this one. 

DSC_0436

Hahaha, we all look so great.  I think it was like eleven.

And the next day, we had to pack up and say goodbye to Eric and Leah and their sweet little California home.  :’(

DSC_0433

Thanks so much for having us, E&L!  It was pretty much the best vacation I ever had!  And definitely so far for the kiddos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment