Tuesday, March 15, 2011

dinner and a movie

 

In need of an at-home date-night?  I have just the thing for you.

First, make this.

DSC_0948

It’s Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Piccata.  I love me some fettuccini alfredo, but the Michelin where my waistline is supposed to be does not.  This dish is still a creamy sauce, but the lemon makes it less heavy.  It is light and fresh and tangy sounds a little weird, even to me, but it is oh. so. good.

And, I don’t know about you, but are at a point with Netflix where we have exhausted all available titles with three or more stars.   A while back, Pioneer Woman blogged about Shining Through.  I put it on the queue and forgot about it.  Then it arrived and I started it.  Then it was really good and I stopped watching it so the Logger and I could watch it together.  It was such a nice break from the lame stuff we had been settling for!  PW was right, it should have won some awards!  After we watched it, we were talking about the movie in bed and I cheesily said, “I just need you to hold me!” and the Logger says, “…and get shot in the knee and in the head for you?” and I replied, “Yeah!  Why don’t you ever do anything like that for me?!”   Yeah, it was that kind of movie. 

So now you have a new recipe and a new flick and no excuse not to go forth and have a nice date night.

-Tash

No comments:

Post a Comment