Saturday, December 18, 2010

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas…

We finally got our tree up a last week! Even though we can barely fit it in our living room, I still love to see it go up every year. Last year we got a potted tree for $35, and planted it in the pasture when the season was over. Unfortunately for the tree, my horse thought it was a great belly scratcher and repeatedly uprooted it over the summer when it should have been taking root. Fortunately for us, we decided to harvest the struggling tree this time and get a second (although last) season out of it – for free this time around!

DSC_1212

These are some of my favorite ornaments…

DSC_1154 DSC_1158 DSC_1161 DSC_1162 DSC_1164 DSC_1275DSC_1276 DSC_1273 DSC_1272 DSC_1283DSC_1280

Can you tell every one is my “favorite”?

I have gotten a couple more presents wrapped…

DSC_1166

I like that one. Newspaper, baker’s twine and paper doilies… who knew? The tag was part of a download from PW. Then I had to come up with something more masculine for a gift for Ty…

DSC_1288

DSC_1289

A simple paper bag wrapper, with thick jute twine and a special tree tag cut from scrapbook paper, since husb is an Arborist. It is slowly getting fuller under our tree this season, even though we are only buying for kids in my family and draw names in Ty’s family.

I have been extra crafty this season. I have wanted to do lots of crafts this season and have squeezed in whatever quick ones the kiddos Susie lets me get away with. It has been rough, but Leah invited me over to create a tree from some supplies left over from the six hours of preparation for her ministry’s Christmas celebration craft, so I jumped at the chance…

DSC_1262

In farm news, Spider Man would like to announce that one of our chickens has started laying eggs!!!

DSC_1287

I was getting worried since ours hadn't started yet and friends have some younger than ours and they were laying! How excited Mark was when we found them! They are so small and so precious! Now I need a big coop and about 10 more chickens so I can take good care of them and sell those extra eggs!

DSC_1255

1 comment:

  1. I really like the paper tree! Super cute! I am also happy that your dumb chickens started laying eggs!

    ReplyDelete