Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


Yesterday we had a light dusting of snow when we woke up. The tiniest flakes I have ever seen were falling all day but not amounting to much. Until the afternoon, while the kids were napping, it finally started accumulating a little...


I went outside to take water to the critters (theirs was frozen solid) and snapped a few pictures...


The poor chickens were hunkering down under their house... if it is going to be a hard winter, I really need to figure out different housing for them that would accommodate a heat lamp. Poor ladies.


This was when the snow first started sticking... now we have more like four inches...


That is not a great representation because the snow fell through the holes in the table and chair before it finally plugged them up and started piling up, but look at the fence in the background and the edge of the lawn- there is a good four inches in most places.

Mark and I had talked about decorating for Christmas soon, so when he woke up he immediately wanted to get out the Christmas lights. I couldn't fight it any longer; I busted out our favorite Christmas album...


It is 'rock orchestra' Christmas music and the album is a story, from start to finish with original music as well as traditional Christmas songs mixed throughout. Seen them live. Love. Read the reviews on that link.

And we put out some of our decorations (no lights yet). I also tested out something I always want to do but never remember at Christmastime - wrapping presents in newspaper!


Do you think I'm crazy?! They do it in Pottery Barn catalogs every year, along with brown paper wrapping, which I have done in the past. I think I like it, but I may pick up a Little Nickel, because I like it better with just print; less graphics and photos. What do you think? I plan to do all our presents this way and love that I don't have to buy three styles of wrapping paper which won't get used up and I will feel guilty over not using when I buy three more rolls next year. =) Is that just me?

I plan to do a house tour while my house is decorated for the holidays and after I get a couple big projects done.

So, what about you? What are your favorite decorations, music, or traditions for the holiday season?

1 comment:

  1. I think it is adorable and why not save a tree and money.

    ReplyDelete