Monday, November 8, 2010

Custom Wall Collage Frames, Two Ways


Quick easy and cheap project... make your own wall collage frame! The ones in the stores can be up to $50 and they are pretty plain and store-bought looking. I got this one at a garage sale for $3, added glass for $14, used $0.89 wrapping paper to create a warm patterned backdrop on foam board, and $2.76 in scrapbook paper to mat each picture...




I think it looks warmer and homier (is that a word?) than the store bought ones and it was pretty affordable...


I might end up adding a jute string that it looks like it is hanging from, and a decorative hook. The frame is pretty beefy so I will have to test out the proportions. Also, I have not decided yet if I will leave these pictures or keep updating some of them. Most of them are big memories so they might just all stay. If you wanted to keep it up to date, you could do it like another wall collage I have behind my couch...


In this collage, each picture is not fastened to the scrapbook paper mat, instead, each photo slips into photo corners, so they can be easily swapped out...


that is, IF your family ever schedules a photo shoot so you can have an up-to-date collage!

1 comment:

  1. I know I know....we need to get our new fam pic taken.....we should just do it!

    ReplyDelete