Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Trend Alert - Ruffles


Sorry, I've been MIA because my computer was getting fixed and I am busy with the little crawler. I am working on two big reveals from the MIL's house and also some other things, so stay tuned. Right now, I have a trend alert to hold you over till I get the big reveals done...

Late last year, Crystal of Little Bit Funky blogged how to ruffle... with or without a foot and showed us how to create this cute ruffle embellishment...


It seems these ruffles are really trendy in the sewing and crafting world right now, and you saw similar ones on Susie's bikini a couple weeks back...


And today I also noticed Pottery Barn adding small pleated ruffles, gathered ruffles and even some ruched ruffles of different styles to items in their line...



Maybe I've just been blind to it until now, but it seemed to me ruffles had been slapped with the "old lady" title until recently. I've seen it in fashion, too, but I won't go there because I suck at it. Anyway, keep an eye out for these sweet simple ruffles - they're everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment