Friday, July 16, 2010

Gump


I have had a busy couple weeks! I've been trying to get stuff done, but Miss Susanna is so much more social than Mark was at her age; it seems if I am not in front of her face speaking to her, then she is crying! Is that a girl thing??? Anyway, I aim to catch up on blogging this week so here goes.

Forrest Gump stopped by. He left this behind...


Just kidding. I had forgotten our church still used this iconic mower! Husb has been given the job of selling this old thing and upgrading to a newer, sadly, more reliable model. But look, it is only a slightly newer version that Mr. Gump's...


Since I was a bozillionaire, and I liked doin' it so much... I mowed that grass fo' free.

Oh, that movie takes me back. I used to watch it every day after school. In high school. It was bad. I even had a friend that was as obsessed as me. As we jogged around the football field for track practice we'd repeat our favorite lines till we were rolling on the ground laughing and everyone else was like... "wha?" I told you, it was bad. But I secretly do want to watch that movie again - it's a classic.

Anyway, I worked on this monster pile for 3 days now....


Susanna is happy that I am done. While I worked on those weeds, she worked on perfecting her sassy looks...



... discovered girlie-girl hand gestures...



... how to get annoying hats off...





... and then proceeded to her favorite past time, tasting everything in sight...



Mark was happy to chill on the Snapper, kicking back and acting like a man.


So now that the weed monsters are conquered, I only have to scoop out all the wood chip mulch, and acquire and spread compost mulch so that my plants will have some nutrients and my garden might become a little more enthusiastic. Maybe some day I will blog about that - for now, I am still a brown thumb! It is all so beautiful in my mind, but getting there is so much work with two little ones!

2 comments:

  1. I watched it again in November, by myself. No one likes to watch it with me. I have such wonderful memories of track and stuff!

    ReplyDelete