Saturday, June 12, 2010

Progress - Big Boy Accents


You might remember Mark's dresser after I added a canvas print of one of my photographs and some DIY alphabet art...


I liked the art but was not digging the flat, lifeless display. I worked on that this week and came up with something much better...


Ahh... much more complete... from A to Z! Sorry. Yes, I ditched my alphabet DIY art, but it will be used somewhere else in the room, for sure.

Okay, Mark just walked up to me and said, "You are showing them a picture of my bedroom with all the books on the shelf? That's funny." Well I thought it was a blog-worthy little arrangement! What a little punk.

Anyway, here we have one of the best additions, the pine cones...


They are giant Sugar Pine cones from a road trip the husb took a few months back. Mark likes them, he calls them 'mama pine cones' because they are bigger than all my others. They seemed an appropriate avenue to bring in some texture next to the woods print.

Then we have the new alphabet book ends to keep mark's boy books at the ready in his room...


And they are very appropriate since he has moved on from the uppercase alphabet to the lowercase. I like the black - it repeats the black from the bedding and balances out the room a little.

And of course I had to keep the globe because this is the extent of my world geography skills...


I will study it right along with him as we homeschool!

The only thing I am not sure of is this little item...


I made it to hold artwork, but I never put any in it and it seems like it is in an awkward spot...


There is not really anywhere else logical to put it in the room, due to the dormers, so it might just have to stay there.

Well that's all for now folks! But the MIL's living room and bedroom are almost complete! Stay tuned for those reveals coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment