Saturday, June 5, 2010

Farm Chicks - Day 1

This year, Leah and I opted to skip our Ladies' Tea so we could finally attend the Farm Chick's Antique Sale! The weather was glorious on the way to Spokane, Washington and we passed many farms along the way...


Leah's mom was kind enough to drive, so I got to enjoy the scenery. It was great to finally arrive, get out of the car, spend 20 minutes packing my crap into the stroller's tiny compartment, and walk up to this...


When we entered, we were greeted by this old milk truck...


I don't know why it was there, other than to look cute! See the cloud hanging behind it - they were awesome and looked just like the clouds in my pic at the top! How fun! Anyway, next we were greeted by this funny cake sculpture...


It was cute. It even had some frosting edging next to the galvanized metal layers. We noticed those blue mugs that said "cake" were disappearing, so we went on a hunt for the sculpture makers, so I could ask if we could take a mug, but when we found them, I wimped out. Maybe I will have more guts tomorrow. But we did find out they made the cake to honor a bakery that recently opened.

I was really impressed with the sale! In the Pacific Northwest we rarely have this type of sale and usually many of the booths are junk, lots are a hodge-podge and a couple are really well put together and actually have some style. At this sale, I'd say about 90% had serious style and were very attractive booths. I noticed they all had nice signs, and it looks like something these vendors do often, not just thrown together on a whim...


We're going back for a few things tomorrow, which we hope to snag at last-day-sale-prices, so I will bring you all the purchases I made for me as well as some purchases to tie up some loose ends at my MIL's house. For now, I will bring you some of the trends I saw, and many of the items and ideas I loved.

The first trend I picked up on was covering chairs in burlap-ish fabric...



Mom we should make a slipcover like either of those last two for your old chair! I liked the cozy, casual feel the burlap or rustic linen fabrics brought to the formal chairs. There was also a headboard covered in burlap...


Totally cute and unexpected.

Another thing I noticed was flags...


Most weren't for sale, but were used in displays. Leah makes banners from paper for various showers and parties in our circles, so it was fun to see the different ways the ladies made them. There were more I thought I got pictures of but I guess I got distracted by all the cuteness.

I was snapping plenty of remember-how-to-do-this-when-you-get-home pictures...



All the displays were just beautiful...








I'll be back with more tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. It looks so fun! I told my mom what you guys were doing and her eyes got really big! I believe we will be making a trip to Spokompton next year!

    ReplyDelete