Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Random Nature Shots


Spring is starting to bloom! We have been out in the yard finally this last week, and I keep having to run back in the house and grab the camera.

I can't believe the Grape Hyacinths are already out!



And I am always taking shots of the blooms on our ornamental plum...


I have trouble getting something spectacular as far as composition goes, but the colors are still beautiful.


That was probably my last chance, though, because one day soon, our friend is coming to rip that tree out and this is going in...


He is not much to look at right now (no leaves yet), but that is the trunk of the baby Golden Honey Locust that will be moving in, as soon as the Ornamental Flowering Plum tree goes bye bye. Sorry Mom, the plum tree is ugly. Here is a pic I stole off the internet of what the Honey Locust will look like when mature...



They really have a nice canopy, and are great for making shade.

These little tiny pine cones made me smile.



They are all perfect! When you look at them head on they are like little delicate wooden flowers...


Then I saw these guys...



Little tiny baby ones! -as Mark would say. I had never seen baby pine cones before, they are so cute.

That is all she wrote tonight!

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to that beautiful pink flowering living tree that has provided such springy glorious pictures for your blog post. And to think that it is to be replaced by that sprawling yellow dingy brownish thing makes it all the more painful:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you get rid of that beautiful tree....Oh my, it is amazing! Can't you find another place for the other one to go....

    ReplyDelete